Guidelines for Trades
Normal CDR Trades
- Don't scare me off by requesting 50 things. Here's an example of what not to do.
- Use quality blank media.
- Send in padded mailer or wrap in bubble wrap.
- Secure the discs in paper or plastic sleeves, or even just stick them in baggies,
but absolutely do not just stick them in the envelope.
This is an actual disc I received that was stuck in an envelope without a sleeve of some sort
- Secure mailer with packaging tape, not scotch tape. This is a recently received package that was secured with scotch tape. It was supposed to contain 27 discs but arrived with only one.
- International trades use airmail, domestic at least first class.
- Add full disc information on either a post-it or a slip of paper.
- Don't use stickers or labels.
- Record DAO.
- Please maintain contact throughout trade, especially if you're having a problem of some sort
- Don't write on discs, especially if your handwriting looks like this
- Don't write on the inside ring of the disc. To me this is just as bad as writing anywhere else on the disc.
- Ideally, put the discs in a paper sleeve and add complete disc information on either the paper sleeve or a slip of paper.
- If you don't have anything I want I will most likely offer to do a b&p trade for you.
If I suggest this route, please don't send me a hundred emails requesting some other
alternative where I send you the discs and you don't send me anything I want.
This happens more than I care to recall. If I need something I'll let you know.
- Please note that I'm not asking you to do anything I myself wouldn't do. I send all discs in a paper sleeve with full artist, venue, date and set list information (when available) printed out.
- Effective Immediately: I will not burn discs at any speeds lower than 4X so please don't ask. There's no reason to burn at lower speeds except to back up getting things done.
- Please make sure that what you have listed as a VCD is playable in DVD players and or DVD drives on your PC
- CD-Roms with Real Audio content are NOT VCD's, they are CD-Roms.
- CD-Roms with content playable only through Windows Media Player are NOT VCD's, they are CD-Roms.
- Please test VCD's in at least one DVD player to insure that they are not corrupted.
- These are done on a basis of whenever I have the time.
- When you send me your blank media you must include a note with your name, address, email address, and a list of the things you want me to copy.
- You must also include a signed note that you will never sell the originals or any subsequent copies.
- Make a conservative estimate of a 25% burn error and send an extra amount of discs, for example if I'm copying four discs for you, send at least five. If there are any discs left over I give them to my nephews.
- Avoid metered postage.
- Put your own address in both the To and From sections of the addressage.
- My niece and nephew like post cards from far away places and if you include a couple in your package it will be greatly appreciated.
- If you want to include a couple of extra blanks, I will use them to record things for my nephews -- their Mom won't let them do internet trades.
Go Back To The Main Page
Go To The CDR List